Project Cost Management for Dynamics AX & Dynamics 365 for Operations
To properly manage a project during the project execution phase requires monitoring the variance between the current budget and Estimate at Completion (EAC). To aid Project Managers in this process, SIS Software created the Project Cost Management Module for Microsoft Dynamics AX and Dynamics 365 for Operations. This module provides a comprehensive and powerful tool for Project Managers to update EAC and Cost to Complete (CTC) on each project. There are also many reports provided with this solution that aide in analyzing the performance and efficiency of a project focused company.
Executives and estimators / engineers sometimes make high-level decisions on project estimates or designs and may have gaps in technical knowledge that create a need for even tighter management of margin fade. Project managers are continually asked by company management and the customer to verify that the project’s cost can be met within the authorized budget.
The capability to regularly view in real time what the EAC of a project or portfolio of project is and manage margin variance proactively is critical to the success of all Contractors.
- Project Cost Log
- Project Cost Analysis
- Project Net Profit
- PO to Sub Contractor Detail
- Project WIP
- Year to Date Booking Report
- Easily Forecast Job Cost
- Help Mitigate Project Risk
- Clear Visibility of Margin Gain/Fade
- Accurate Project Variance
- Updates Project EAC
- See the Impact of Each Project on The Overall Performance
By using the Project Cost Management Module, Project Managers will be able to answer the following questions:
- Is the current approved budget sufficient to complete the project?
- Can you view margin fade or gain based on productivity and change orders?
- When should I take corrective performance action to salvage project margin?
- Should the project cost performance impact the corporate financial decisions?