Microsoft Dynamics 365 Pricing & Licensing
Understanding Microsoft Dynamics 365 Pricing & Licensing
Agile – Flexible – Adaptable
When Microsoft released Dynamics 365, they wanted to create a flexible licensing solution that is used and available to every employee within an organization. The licensing allows for mix and match scenarios for each individual user’s role. For business’ looking to unify their solutions, mobilize their workforce, and drive operational excellence and improve customer experience Microsoft Dynamics 365 is the answer.
Dynamics 365 unifies CRM and ERP capabilities by delivering applications to help manage specific business functions, including:
Microsoft Dynamics 365 offers three plans and each plan provides use of PowerApps:
- Dynamics 365 Plan – ERP + CRM (requires 20 user minimum)
- Dynamics 365 Unified Operations – Finance and Operations
- Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement –Sales, Customer Service, Field Service, Project Service Automation, Retail, and Talent (HR).
A Microsoft Dynamics 365 Full User has access to the entire functionality across the solution including Customer Engagement and/or Unified Operations. These users could be call a “Power” user.
The Dynamics 365 Team Member license enables efficient collaboration across the organization by providing employees with data insights as well as the ability to access a limited set of scenarios related to Dynamics 365 applications.
The following is a summary of Team Member use rights:
Dynamics 365 for Unified Operations
Dynamics 365 team members can do the following within the Unified Operations Plan (Finance and Operations, Retail, Talent):
- Record any type of time
- Record any type of expenses
- Manage personal information
- Create requisitions
- Create or edit the items related to the following capabilities: quality control, service orders
- Approve time, expenses, and invoices
Dynamics 365 for Team Members – Customer Engagement
Dynamics 365 team members can do the following within the Customer Engagement Plan (Sales, Customer Service, Field Service, and Project Service Management):
- Write to Accounts, Contacts, Activities, Tasks and notes
- Record time and expense for Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation, and apply for projects
- Set up and manage the knowledgebase and Interactive Service Hub
- Update personal information
- Reporting and dashboards
- Edit Custom Entities
- Participate as an end-consumer of Dynamics 365 services such as responding to surveys, or applying for projects
Dynamics 365 Activity user is only available for the Unified Operation plan. Activity licenses are designed for employees who perform transactional tasks and who are working within policies and guidelines, not making the. Activity use rights include all Dynamics 365 Team Member user rights as well as the right to:
- Approve all Activity related transactions
- Create or edit the items related to warehousing, receiving, shipping, orders, vendor maintenance, and all budgets
- Operate a Point-of-Sale (POS) device, store manager device, shop floor device, or warehouse device.
Also available, is the Dynamics 365 Device User. The Device subscription license allows multiple users to access a device licensed with a Dynamics 365 Unified Operations license to operate a point of sale device, shop floor device, warehouse device or store manager device. A single device can provide the following functionality in any combination. The Device Subscription License use rights are also available to Dynamics 365 Operations – Activity users.
Why Partner With SIS?
SIS (Strategic Industry Solutions) helps project and service focused companies manage every stage of the delivery and service life-cycle with complete Project Management, Project Accounting, Job Costing, Business Intelligence, and CRM Software built on Microsoft Dynamics. We help our clients manage cost and risk and deliver their unique value to their customers with proven software and 20 years of Industry Experience.
The SIS solution based on the ground breaking Microsoft Dynamics 365 is the most complete and integrated solution in the A/E/C – Professional Service marketplace today, focusing on mobility, ease of use, and integration. The unified business application environment.
Our Focus Is “Your Industry” Not Just Technology!