Microsoft Dynamics SL 2018 (Solomon)
Adding approval process to key Dynamics SL areas
Project feature enhancements
Invoice preliminary & print enhancements
Time related enhancements
Monthly release cycle
New enhancements scheduled for every release
New Web Apps
Power Suite Evolution
SL Power BI Content Pack
Power Apps for SL
Flow for SL
Keep Your Business Competitive and Thriving
Why should you upgrade?
The software that runs your business is not something you can implement and forget about. Technology develops at a rapid rate and it is vital to keep your business and software completely up to date to ensure your business continues to function effectively.
Security and compliance
Out of date and unsupported software could lead to slow performance, risk of crashing, compliance issues and loss of valuable data. If your system is unsupported, who will be able to help?
Employees are spending more time entering information manually.
Time is money and this could be costing you more money than you think. Taking advantage of new improvements could solve this issue. Upgrades introduce improvements and new features that increase your efficiency and productivity.
Integration with the latest technology
It is very important to stay current on the latest version in order to ensure that software integrations do not become a problem for you. Older software versions may not provide your employees with the capability to use the latest technology like IPads and mobile devices. These devices are common place in businesses and permit your people to work anywhere at any time and get more done.
The release of Dynamics SL 2018 and 2018CU1 includes the following:
- Query & Preview Enhancements
- New Approvals Processes added to key areas
- GL/AP/Financials Interface Enhancements
- Projects Enhancements
- Distribution Enhancements
- Power Suite Evolution – Power BI, Power Apps for SL, Flow for SL
- Vendor Inactive status
- Voucher and Adjustment Entry Approval enhancements
- Journal Transaction – Correct Journal Transactions
- Flexible Billings Invoice Printing
- Expense Attachment enabling for review
- Time & Expense Setup Tab rename
Power Apps & Flow
- Microsoft Dynamics SL 2018 included a Power App and Flow example that shows the value add of these Microsoft technologies to Microsoft Dynamics SL users. The Microsoft Dynamics SL 2018 CU1 continues this by updating the existing Power App and adding nine new flow email notifications.
SL Home Page enhancement
- The Microsoft Dynamics SL Menu Home page feature updated to support modern web pages. This means that web sites containing information on SharePoint, SL DocShare SSRS reports or other sites will display and allow interactions within the Microsoft Dynamics SL menu system.
Year End updates for 2018
- Microsoft Dynamics SL 2018 CU1 includes year-end updates available as of the beginning of November 2018. No need to install additional updates unless changes are made and posted to the Microsoft site.
Some of the improvements you will find in Microsoft Dynamics SL 2015 include:
- Web Apps: New product that runs on any browser and mobile device. It replaces Business Portal to perform the following functions:Project Analysis Reports
- Timecards (employees who enter their own time)
- Timesheets (employees who enter time for others)
- Advanced Payroll Timecard Entry
- Expense Reports with attachments
- Project Approvals (timecards, expense reports, budget revisions, project invoices)
- Quick Query and Crystal Reports
- Business Analyzer: A modern business intelligence (BI) app that graphically displays key information about your business. Business Analyzer is available as web-based reporting and is now supported for use with Microsoft Dynamics SL on the Windows 8/10 Modern UI
- Project Analyst: Now available as an SSRS report that can be launched from Report Server, Web Apps, or Business Analyzer
- Management Reporter: Web based financial reports with similar functionality to FRx
- Improved F3 search capabilities – Now when you perform a lookup (F3) in Dynamics SL 2015 you can do partial text searches, export F3 lookups to Excel, etc.
- Improved report search capabilities – “Easy to read” column names in sort/select, plus you can use F3 to determine values when building your selection criteria!
- Improved report delivery capabilities – can export a report directly to MS-Outlook email without printing or exporting to PDF
- Improved Quick Query export capabilities – Quick Queries can now be exported directly to an Excel Pivot Table or table bound grid (updates itself each time you re-open the spreadsheet)
- Resource Planning: A new Web Apps module to help you plan and assign resources to projects and tasks. Planning and assignment can be done by project or by resource.
- Multi-Company and Multi-Currency Projects – Takes advantage of Dynamics SL built-in multi-company and multi-currency platform to allow users in the project modules to work in multiple companies / currencies without signing in/out.
- Introduction to Power BI – Power BI transforms your company’s data into rich visuals for you to collect.
Next Steps – Contact us and we will provide you with a clear and concise strategy and work plan for a smooth and successful upgrade. We can schedule a personalized demonstration of Dynamics SL 2015 to you and your team to help you plan your upgrade. We will take the time to review your current environment and software customizations and give you a reliable individualized plan of your path to Dynamics SL 2015.
You can either complete the form on the contact page or give us a call at 844.644.6599. A member of our upgrade team will contact you to discuss your upgrade and explain the process.
SIS Client Testimonial:
“I’m writing this letter to express how satisfied Melrose PLC is with the services that SIS provided us. We contacted SIS to help us upgrade our ERP solution and consolidate a number of databases with multiple companies into a single environment and in order to accomplish this we needed a strong, experienced Partner that took the time to understand our requirements along with our businesses’ processes. From the beginning, we received excellent service, support, and a professional team that demonstrated they truly cared about the success and timeliness of the project.
Much of the success of this project was due to a strong project management and a knowledgeable Sr. Consultant, who was very responsive and delivered timely communications throughout. The entire SIS team delivered on all of their promises, thereby, delivering the project on time and on budget. I would highly recommend SIS as a Microsoft Business Partner that will seek to meet and exceed their customer expectations.”
Jason Care, Group Systems Manager – Melrose PLC